Terms & Conditions
On your behalf Norwich Van Man Removal has purchased limited Goods in Transit insurance (excesses / admin charges apply in the event of a claim. Currently this charge is £400 but is subject to change without notification. Please note this insurance will not cover all of your possessions or property and is subject to the insurance companies and NVM Terms. We strongly recommend you have appropriate insurance cover for your properties and goods.
Please note the insurance is only in place to cover our negligence in line with our terms and the insurers. Norwich Van Man Removals (Adam Watson) will not pay-out personally more than the cost of you removal for any claim.
If Norwich Van Man is responsible for causing damage to a premises or goods you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt at the time of the incident. Failure to notify the team of any damage while they are present will invalidate the claim.
While every reasonable care will be taken certain items are excluded from insurance cover including but not limited to electrical items, flat packed furniture and items you have not properly protected with packaging or covers including wooden surfaces. Service damage to paintwork / paper/ walls, doors and other fixtures is not covered.
Staff must be notified of any item containing fragile items, unmarked boxes or poorly packed boxes are not covered.
Our staff cannot…
- disconnect or reconnecting appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
- enter lofts or cellars unless they deem it safe to do so.
- remove of jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods / collections of any similar kind.
- remove any prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, potentially dangerous, damaging or gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms, ammunition or anything toxic or explosive.
- move any Animals or Cages still containing food/water/bedding/Mess
- move any unusual items such as Pianos, American type fridge freezers, cooker or Items weighing more than 25KG. Please notify us of items at time of booking.
- lose Items are uninsured and can’t be carried in the van, such as logs, boxes under 1 foot squared. Please box everything.
We also ask that…
- you’re present throughout the removal
- you check nothing is left behind or removed in error
- you prepare / stabilise and protect all appliances / electric equipment prior to their removal
- empty / defrost and prepare refrigerators / freezers. (Remove Glass shelving)
- that the van will be able to park within 10 metres of the front door at all locations.
- that unless otherwise stated the removal team will not need to go up more than 2 flights of stairs.
- all items will be ready to load / unload upon the team’s arrival. A maximum waiting time of 15 minutes is allowed in the price at each location.
- no one will be travelling with us unless agreed at time of booking. We assume you have read and agree to our terms and conditions.
Payment / Charges
Pay by cash or cheque (payable to Adam Watson), unless agreed otherwise upon job completion. Invoices / receipts are available by request. You may not withhold any part of the agreed price before or after the removal service is complete. Extra charges may apply on fixed price if the staff have to wait more than 15 minutes to load / unload.
Every 0-15 minutes over the waiting time £10 will be charged. Your price may increase on fixed price jobs if upon the team’s arrival the job has altered from the information you provided / failed to provide at time of booking.
Norwich Van Man Removals is a member of the Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme. In partnership with Referenceline, Norfolk Trusted Trader offers independent dispute resolution through Ombudsman Services. We will endeavour to resolve any customer disputes fully and fairly through our own internal processes. In the event of a complaint not being resolved we will write a final letter to you called a ‘deadlock’ letter. This letter signals that we have reached the end of our internal complaints procedure and that you may now progress your issues to Ombudsman Services. You can also contact Ombudsman Services if you have not received a deadlock letter within eight weeks of your complaint. The contact details are as follows:
- Ombudsman Services , Greenalls Avenue, Warrington, WA4 6HL
- Telephone: 0333 300 1620
- Website: www.ombudsman-services.org